Website Afresh Technologies
Eliminate food waste & make fresh food accessible to all
Afresh is on a mission to eliminate food waste and make fresh food accessible to all. Our first A.I.-powered solution optimizes ordering, forecasting, and store operations for fresh food departments in brick-and-mortar grocers. With our Fresh Operating System, regional and national grocery retailers have placed $1.6 billion in produce orders across the US and we’ve helped our partners prevent 6.9 million pounds of food from going to waste. Working at Afresh represents a one-of-a-kind opportunity to have massive social impact at scale by leveraging uncommonly impactful software – we hope you’ll join us!
About the role
We are seeking a Staff Product Designer to help shape the future of our Store Solutions product offering. Our ideal candidate is excited about tackling new, ambitious design problems, leveraging design to drive product direction, and creating tools that people love to use that also help make our food system more sustainable.
- Evolve and expand the Store Solutions product experience, focusing on creating value for our customers while supporting our mission to reduce food waste
- Run a thoughtful end-to-end design process from user research to high-fidelity prototypes and mockups
- Learn directly from our customers (remotely and in the field) through planning, conducting, and synthesizing generative and evaluative user research
- Collaborate closely with other members of the design team and cross-functional peers and stakeholders to define and realize our product vision
- Coach others on the design team to ensure directional alignment and promote product excellence
- Help to establish and maintain a design language and toolkit that will be used by the entire team and company
Skills and experience
- 8+ years of end-to-end product design experience in an IC capacity, including research, information architecture, interaction, visual design, and prototyping
- Proven track record and portfolio demonstrating the ability to create simple, elegant, and aesthetically successful user experiences that solve complex problems
- Experience developing well thought out visual systems that raise the quality bar and scale easily across teams and use cases
- The ability to self-organize your time and work, identify compelling product opportunities from ambiguity, and drive projects forward from initial concept through launch and beyond
- Strong communication skills, feedback practices (both delivering and soliciting actionable feedback), and experience presenting design solutions to a variety of audiences (executives, external partners, and various internal stakeholders)
- Strong alignment with our core values: Kindness, Candor, Proactivity and Humility
The above represents attributes our ideal candidate possesses. We encourage all highly qualified candidates to apply, even if they do not fulfill all the listed criteria.
Founded in 2017, Afresh is working on the #1 solution to curb climate change: reducing food waste. By combining human insight and transformative technology, we’re helping grocers provide fresher food to customers at more affordable prices. Afresh sits at an incredible intersection of positive social impact, rocket ship financial growth, and cutting-edge technology. Our best-in-class AI research has been published in top journals including ICML, and we’ve raised over $148 million in funding from investors including former co-CEO of Whole Foods Market Walter Robb and Eric Schmidt’s Innovation Endeavors.
Fresh is the past, present, and future of our food system – the waste we create today will impact our planet for years to come. Join us as we continue to build a vibrant, diverse, and inclusive team that embodies our company’s values of proactivity, kindness, candor, and humility.
Afresh provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law.
Here at Afresh, many of our employees work remotely provided they reside in or be willing to relocate to one of these states to be considered: AR, CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, KY, MA, MI, MS, MO, NV, NJ, NY, NC, OR, PA, TX, WA, WI. However, there may be key roles that will require a candidate/employee to be local to our San Francisco, CA office. In which case this requirement will be included in the job posting details under “Skills and experience” for reference.
Tell us about the interview process for this job
First, your resume will be reviewed by one of our Recruiters and if you're a match to one of our openings they'll reach out to set up a phone interview. Depending on the role, you may be asked to take a skills assessment before moving forward with an Interview with a Hiring Manager. From there a formal interview will be scheduled with several members of the team and if that goes well, we'll move forward with an offer!
Tell us about your diversity and inclusion efforts
At Afresh, our commitment to our communities extends beyond our products and technologies. We’re creating a workplace that embraces diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB), and where everyone can make an impact while being celebrated for their fully authentic selves. People are culture Alongside leadership and key stakeholders, the DEIB committee at Afresh is passionately working to increase representation of all identities, champion exceptional experiences, and foster an inclusive culture where people from any background can do their best work. The committee regularly assesses, evolves, and measures the efficacy of our programs and processes across three areas: 1) Attracting, hiring, and retaining top diverse talent 2) Cultivating equitable promotion and career development programs 3) Fostering a community where each unique identity is honored and celebrated We pride ourselves in giving Afreshies the power and freedom of acceptance while solving for the #1 solution to curb climate change: reducing food waste.
Do you have an active contract with ICE?
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.