Data sharing made easy
Our goal at Bobsled is to transform the way data is shared across organizations, clouds, and data platforms. Our cross-cloud platform enables enterprises to share data quickly and securely through one unified control plane that manages all aspects of data sharing, including replication, updates, versioning, entitlements, telemetry, and more.
By solving these problems we will:
- Remove barriers to collaboration between organizations
- Facilitate and democratize the use of data to enable better decision making
We believe that by using data collaboratively, we can enable better solutions to the world’s hardest problems.
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer with expertise in cloud-native development. You will play a foundational role in defining and designing our technical implementation, and your work will have an enormous impact on the way organizations use data across the world.
At Bobsled, you will work with stellar product managers and engage directly with early users to support and understand their needs. You’ll design and build our platform, develop features, contribute to product design reviews, and work on tools, systems and processes across the whole software development lifecycle.
As an early hire, you will also play a pivotal role in building our team and culture, fostering a collaborative environment, and assessing engineering candidates.
- Design technical implementation and build features as defined by the product team
- Write code (principally Typescript) to run in a variety of cloud environments and data warehouses
- Contribute to product design reviews lead by product team
- Engage directly with early users to support them and understand their needs
- Develop tools, systems and processes that form our Software Development Life Cycle
- Contribute to our engineering & company cultures
- Onboard and train new engineering team members
- 10+ years in software development and 5+ years building on cloud-native platform (AWS, GCP, Azure, Snowflake, Databricks)
- Experience writing software using an imperative language
- Experience or a strong desire to learn Typescript
- Experience working as part of a software engineering team
- You should be comfortable reading and performing simple tasks using all our target languages (Typescript, Python, Go, SQL)
- You’ll need to be available for meetings from 16:00-18:00 UK/ 17:00-19:00 Central Europe/ 11:00-13:00 Eastern Time.
- We are only hiring in Europe, US East Coast, and (most of) South America
Beneficial experience or areas of interest
- Direct user interaction (e.g. user research / support / sales experience)
- Data Engineering / Data Ops / Data analytics / Data science
AI / ML Engineering / Ops / Research
- Startup / High-growth teams
- Site Reliability Engineering
- Database / Systems Administration
- Dev Tools or Dev Ops
- Training / Mentoring
- Planning / Project Management
- Information Security / Cybersecurity
- Systems Design / Architecture
- US Salary Range: $160 -180 K
- Outside the US salaries are adjusted to account for differences in payroll taxes, cost of providing benefits, and foreign exchange risk
- We also offer competitive equity compensation
- Health Insurance (for US employees): Medical (100% paid), dental and vision benefits for you and your family
- Generous PTO policy (for US employees) and parental leave
- Fully upgraded Apple MacBook and 4K monitor
- Home office setup reimbursement program (up to $1K)
- Flexible work hours in fully-remote work environment
- Fully-sponsored individual coaching for all employees to help foster a culture of personal reflection and growth (optional though encouraged)
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of skill, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role. We’re hiring at multiple levels of seniority, so we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
We are committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Tell us about the interview process for this job
There's a screening call (30 mins), followed by 3 round of interviews. The first round is a 30 minute call with the CEO or someone from our Product team to introduce Bobsled. The second round is 2 x 1 hour technical interviews - reviewing a design proposal given in advance and presenting a usable software project. The 3rd round is an hour call with a member of the exec team or the Product team.
Tell us about your diversity and inclusion efforts
We value diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Fostering a culture where everyone is heard, respected, and valued is our highest priority.
Do you have an active contract with ICE?
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.