The Director of Communications and Marketing works closely with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Chief Operations Officer (COO) on all matters involving internal and external communications.
Collaborate with department heads to ensure full communications integration across the organization
Oversee brand integration throughout the organization
- Maintain the official brand guidelines across the organization, including training staff to use them if/when they develop their own materials; and to share them with outside consultants on related projects
- Ensure message and design consistency, and clarity across the organization as brand guidelines are updated
Brief staff and leadership on all communications efforts
Develop and oversee the implementation of storytelling strategy and quality control
Handle speaking requests in partnership with Director of Marketing; support speakers on messaging; proactively manage list of upcoming speaking opportunities
Manage press requests; work with Marketing Director on press strategy to highlight key organizational messages
Create and implement an organizational content strategy and oversee the yearly editorial calendar
Draft strategic materials for the leadership team and ensure quality control of all communications materials
Create high-quality printed and digital materials per the communications plan, and for departments as needed
Develop, manage, and implement, social media content across all social media channels
Implement storytelling process, including:
- Create criteria for vetting member stories
- Coordinate with each department to identify the best stories to tell
- Conduct interviews and write stories
- Create strategies that get members to share stories about the impact of the NEST; follow up with members to develop their stories and share publicly
- Organize and oversee photo and video sessions to align with brand guidelines; advise on production quality and distribution of photo and video content
Work closely with the program team to implement the member recruitment and engagement portion of the communications plan
Oversee implementation of a consistent look and feel for online resources that are in line with organizational brand guidelines
- Oversee website redesign strategy to ensure alignment with goals and priorities
- Ensure website is updated on a regular basis
Social Media Strategy and Implementation
- Lead evaluation and recommended changes to all digital engagement across all platforms and initiatives for the organization
- Conduct comprehensive media analysis; based on analysis, create and oversee organizational digital strategy across all Digital NEST platforms
Establish best practices for communicating internally with teammates
Research and identify best platforms for internal communications
Establish and implement regular cadence for internal communications, i.e., intranet, internal newsletters, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Minimum of a B.A., ideally with an advanced degree
- At least 12 years of senior communications and/or marketing experience
- At least 7 years in a supervisory role
- Availability to work and travel occasional nights and weekends
- Self-starter with a high degree of initiative, creativity, and proven ability to work independently
- Ability to lead and collaborate effectively during times of uncertainty, ambiguity, and rapid change
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Professional demeanor and the ability to use tact and diplomacy when interacting with donors, NEST staff, clients, and other stakeholders
- Passion for the mission of Digital NEST and belief in upholding the organization’s core values.
- Understanding of and sensitivity to issues of culture/ethnicity/race, gender, sexual identity, class/SES, and immigration status.
- Ability to be an ally to people of color, women and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered, queer, questioning, and intersex individuals and their allies (LGBTQIA).
- Candidates must have a valid CA driver’s license, pass a background check, and be able to travel and work evenings or weekends occasionally, or as needed.
Tell us about the interview process for this job
Pre-screen calls and first round of interviews will be conducting via Zoom. Second interviews may be in-person, depending in the candidate pool. We seek to hire one person in the new year.
Tell us about your diversity and inclusion efforts
Digital NEST, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Digital NEST is also committed to an inclusive experience for all applicants and will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations in the interview process, to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please refer to our career page for more information on how to apply for reasonable accommodations.
Do you have an active contract with ICE?
To apply for this job please visit digitalnest.applytojob.com.