At MissionWired, we help clients create revolutionary digital strategies that advance their mission, change our country, and have a positive impact on the world.
We’re digital-obsessed, tech-savvy do-gooders who care deeply about social change. We’ve brought digital strategies to life for nonprofit organizations working around the world, including Save the Children, Sandy Hook Promise, and Friends of the Earth, as well as progressive political organizations, campaigns and candidates. Each cycle is an opportunity for us to support organizations across the country while expanding the Democratic majority in the Senate.
We’re an equal-opportunity employer and take seriously our commitment to equality and equity. Our efforts to be inclusive and create opportunity don’t end when someone joins us – they begin.
We’ve set our sights on changing the world through our work and with our clients, and representation is at the foundation of what we do. We know that diversity of thought and background makes us stronger. That’s why we’re committed to building and maintaining a diverse community.
Every new team member broadens our perspective and allows us to think bigger. We’ll be at our best when people from underrepresented communities and people with a range of perspectives and lived experiences want to come, stay, and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Overview: We are looking for an Associate Data Analyst to join us in developing insights to support decision-making in online fundraising through our AdvantageAI product. The analyses you develop will improve the lives of people throughout the world by empowering digital donors and activists to support our mission-driven clients. You’ll be driving positive change as part of a team of data scientists and engineers developing first-of-their-kind machine-learning products.
You’ll join a product team that is deeply devoted to inclusion, particularly in the following three areas:
Process: We create a context in which everyone is empowered to contribute.
Machine Learning: We are committed to identifying and removing bias from our algorithms.
Philanthropy: We empower diverse groups of individuals to participate in giving.
With us, you’ll put your skills to use for innovation that powers social good. We want your ideas and your leadership. Join us. Let’s go!
You will be responsible for:
- Joining each and every one of your colleagues in creating an inclusive workspace;
- Analyzing our one-of-a-kind philanthropic data set to support product development initiatives, including tracking short-term fluctuations in user behavior online, appraising the long-term value of donors, ideation around new machine-learning models, and much more;
- Acting as an interpreter of donor data and presenter of insights to MissionWired clients;
- Designing experiments to determine how to maximize client goals, such as philanthropic donation or email activation;
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to support their data analytics needs.
- A passion for statistics and identifying patterns in complex data sets;
- Attention to detail;
- Intellectual curiosity to innovate on ways to solve data management issues.
- Experience with SQL or other querying tools to write nuanced analytic queries;
- 1-3 years of professional experience in designing and implementing data analytic solutions to business problems;
- Experience using business intelligence tools such as Looker to explore data and present insights;
- Working knowledge of Python or R data tools;
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
Salary range for this role is $55,000 to $75,000 per year, depending on experience.
If you feel you can do the job and are excited about this opportunity but are not sure if you meet all the qualifications, consider applying anyway. We’d love to hear from you!
Tell us about the interview process for this job
Once we review your application and resume, we like to have a short introductory call where we can get to know you better and tell you about our work. After that we will send you a few skills exercises to better understand how you think. Once these have been completed, you meet with a few members from your potential future team.
Tell us about your diversity and inclusion efforts
Our company culture is committed to challenging, learning, growing, speaking out, and building better – because it’s incumbent on each of us to play an active role in dismantling systems of oppression wherever they exist. Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion centers around a collective mandate: to dismantle, reimagine and rebuild the processes, language, and company culture that impact the everyday experience of employees.
Do you have an active contract with ICE?
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.