At MissionWired, we help clients create revolutionary digital strategies that advance their mission, change our country, and have a positive impact on the world.
We’re digital-obsessed, tech-savvy do-gooders who care deeply about social change. We’ve brought digital strategies to life for nonprofit organizations working around the world, including Save the Children, Sandy Hook Promise, and Friends of the Earth, as well as progressive political organizations, campaigns and candidates. This cycle, we’re excited to support the DGA in flipping and protecting governorships across the country while expanding the Democratic majority in the Senate via our work with the DSCC, Sen. Raphael Warnock, Rep. Val Demings, Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto and Sen. Maggie Hassan.
We’re an equal-opportunity employer and take seriously our commitment to equality and equity. Our efforts to be inclusive and create opportunity don’t end when someone joins us – they begin.
We’ve set our sights on changing the world through our work and with our clients, and representation is at the foundation of what we do. We know that diversity of thought and background makes us stronger. That’s why we’re committed to building and maintaining a diverse community.
Every new team member broadens our perspective and allows us to think bigger. We’ll be at our best when people from underrepresented communities and people with a range of perspectives and lived experiences want to come, stay, and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Overview: We are looking for an Associate Full-Stack Web Developer with the ability to deliver compelling user experiences for internal stakeholders, clients, and the general public.
In this role, you’ll get to build productivity apps and data aggregation tools as well as beautiful, interactive web experiences. With us, you’ll put your skills to use for disruptive innovation that powers social good – everything from electing progressive leaders to combating global climate change. You’ll do it as part of a team of front-end developers and data scientists developing first-of-their-kind strategies and products. Join us. Let’s go.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Building internal-facing web applications that support productivity across our digital production, advertising, data science, strategy, and content teams;
- Partnering with client teams to build web experiences that move supporters to share their story, take action, or donate;
- Playing an active role in driving the product roadmap;
- Submitting bug tickets as needed;
- Working closely with the Chief Technology Officer to develop, maintain, and secure the firm’s data and app infrastructure.
- Minimum one year of experience with web or app development, or equivalent experience through internships or additional education;
- Intellectual curiosity to innovate solutions and achieve goals with code;
- Passion, energy, and excitement for progressive and philanthropic causes and all things digital.
- Experience writing and executing testing; unit testing; and end to end testing;
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform;
- Experience managing resources through one or more cloud provider, with strong preference for AWS;
- Experience with one or more key front-end frameworks: React, AngularJS;
- Attention to detail;
- Experience extracting data from public APIs;
- Experience developing for WordPress or other popular CMS platforms;
- Experience analyzing and aggregating data with tools like SQL or pandas (Python);
- Experience with source control, repository management, and code-reviewing collaboratively using Git;
- Experience building nifty web-based productivity apps;
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
Salary range for this role is $55,000 to $75,000 per year, depending on experience.
If you feel you can do the job and are excited about this opportunity but are not sure if you meet all the qualifications, consider applying anyway. We’d love to hear from you!
Tell us about the interview process for this job
Once we review your application and resume, we like to have a short introductory call where we can get to know you better and tell you about our work. After that we will send you a few skills exercises to better understand how you think. Once these have been completed, you meet with a few members from your potential future team.
Tell us about your diversity and inclusion efforts
Our company culture is committed to challenging, learning, growing, speaking out, and building better – because it’s incumbent on each of us to play an active role in dismantling systems of oppression wherever they exist. Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion centers around a collective mandate: to dismantle, reimagine and rebuild the processes, language, and company culture that impact the everyday experience of employees.
Do you have an active contract with ICE?
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.