About Omidyar Network:
Established by philanthropists Pam and Pierre Omidyar, Omidyar Network is a social change venture that has committed more than $1 billion to innovative for-profit companies and nonprofit organizations since 2004. Omidyar Network works to reimagine critical systems and the ideas that govern them, and to build more inclusive and equitable societies in which individuals have the social, economic, and democratic power to thrive.
To learn more, visit www.omidyar.com, and follow @omidyarnetwork on Twitter.
About the Associate Program:
Omidyar Network offers a unique platform for early career professionals to work alongside our colleagues and network partners toward our shared goal of building more inclusive and equitable societies. Our Associate Program is a two-year program that features opportunities to learn and contribute to creating conditions for systems change across multiple programmatic portfolios. Omidyar Network Associates play a critical role in researching new areas of programmatic engagement, supporting our programmatic portfolios and specific portfolio investments, collaborating with network partners, engaging with diverse voices on our issues and supporting learning processes. And will have the opportunity for meaningful, hands-on experience in the philanthropic sphere, as well as active mentorship from experienced Omidyar Network colleagues.
For the 2023 cohort, we will recruit three programs associates. To learn more about the associate program or apply, visit www.omidyar.com/associate
The application deadline is Wednesday, February 15th at 11:59pm EST.
Programs Associate Responsibilities:
Omidyar Network program associates will:
- Support portfolio development through conducting systems analysis, engaging key partners, evaluating and scoping opportunities and coordinating due diligence and the investment approval processes.
- Coordinate and engage across the investment and portfolio management processes, including regular portfolio reviews, learning and reflection processes, evaluations, and knowledge management.
- Inform strategy, learning and/or programmatic engagement through research, analysis, and collaborative problem solving.
- Identify and engage with diverse voices on their portfolios and feed that learning back into Omidyar Network.
- Collaborate with network partners on areas of shared interest, exploration, or active engagement.
- Passion for Omidyar Network’s vision to create conditions for more inclusive and equitable societies.
- Early career professionals with 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Excellent research, analysis, problem solving, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and external partners.
- Attention to detail and ability to track and execute multiple work streams at once.
- Creative, curious and experimental with a high degree of comfort with change and ambiguity.
Associates have the option to work in either our Redwood City, California, or Washington, D.C. office. Associates must have US work authorization.
We are currently working in a hybrid capacity and associate positions will be based out of our Redwood City, CA or Washington, D.C. offices. We anticipate extending offers in early April with our next associate class beginning on August 7, 2023. Candidates must have a current U.S. work authorization to be considered.
The Omidyar Network Associate program is a full-time, two-year salaried position that features competitive pay and benefits, including health care (medical/dental/vision), paid time off, and a generous employer 401k contribution. The salary for associates will be $117,732 in Washington D.C. and $130,813 in Redwood City, CA.
At Omidyar Network, diversity, equity, and inclusion are directly aligned with our fundamental belief that people are inherently capable, but they often lack opportunity. We know that a diverse workforce allows us to see problems in more nuanced ways, creating the thought leadership needed to have outsized positive returns on the world. We actively recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Omidyar Network is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes people from all experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
Tell us about the interview process for this job
Learn more about the interview process at Omidyar Network's info session on February 8th at 3:00pm PST/6:00pm EST
Tell us about your diversity and inclusion efforts
Learn more about Omidyar Network's commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, & belonging here: https://omidyar.com/diversity-and-inclusion/
Do you have an active contract with ICE?
Deadline to apply:
February 15, 2023
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.