Business Operations Associate
The Org is the world’s biggest network of public org charts. We’re on a mission to make organizations more transparent because we believe that transparency will lead to a more connected and accountable professional community. As a job seeker, why is it so hard to get an idea about who you’ll be working with? As an employee, why is there no single place to get to know your colleagues and learn how every team works? As a team leader, why can’t you study how similar companies operate and apply their processes and learnings on your own team? We’re on a mission to solve all of this and more. We’re backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Founders Fund, Sequoia, Balderton and Tiger Global.
As one of the first members of the BizOps team, you will be instrumental in shaping the future of the function and the overall business. You will help leaders reach their strategy and build out processes so that operations can effectively scale. Key tasks include working with the leadership, and in particular our CEO, Head of Finance, Analytics and Growth teams to diagnose the health of the business through quarterly OKRs, monthly KPIs, and ad hoc strategic projects.
Who you are:
- You have 2-3 years of experience from a similar position in business operations, strategy, consulting, and/or investment banking.
- Strong project management skills and a high service level to facilitate cross functional projects.
- Highly proficient in Powerpoint and Excel.
- Proven experience building financial business cases to investigate and back up hypotheses.
- You display deep business acumen and critical thinking.
- You are assertive to speak your mind when you see a pattern, a concern or an opportunity constructively.
- Preferably you have touched base with or have a passion for data and would be excited to work with data visualization tools and once in a while take matters in your own hands and run a SQL query if our Mode and Amplitude dashboards don’t tell you the full story
- Always interested in learning. We collect curious and passionate colleagues who are not afraid to take on new tasks in order to learn and grow their skills.
- You are excited to be in the office at least 3 days a week (flexible).
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- Awesome benefits: Headspace subscription, mental health services, fitness stipend, professional development budget, generous parental leave plan, commuter benefits, and more!
- Great office in SoHo with a private outdoor terrace
- Lunches and a fully stocked kitchen with drinks and snacks
- International travel opportunities
Our company values:
- Do the dishes – We value people that put the team first and do whatever is necessary regardless of your seniority or what your job description says. Sometimes that might mean you literally need to do the dishes
- Go for it! – We value people that take initiative and execute on their ideas. We take ownership and passionately seize opportunities to create, to learn, and to grow. We run towards a problem, rather than away from it, and fail fast and learn from our mistakes.
- Be a contrarian – We dare to go against popular beliefs and seek out principle-first solutions over incremental progress. We aim to find the best solution, not the obvious one or the one that’s been found by others before.
- Hygge – A Danish word meaning “cozy”, “belonging” or “togetherness”, representing the way we treat our office community. We value diversity and seek out people who want to join the “hygge”.
- Transparency starts here – We’re on a mission to make organizations more transparent. We lead by example, and operate honestly and transparently, to show the world the value of transparency in business.
This role is expected to be an L2 non-technical NYC position. Please see our salary ranges here.
The Org is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company supports diversity and inclusion in its core values and does not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law or local ordinance. When necessary, the company will reasonably accommodate employees and applicants with disabilities if the person is otherwise qualified to safely perform all of the essential functions of the position. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Tell us about the interview process for this job
Hiring Manager Interview Case Assignment Onsite Interview Meet the CEO
Tell us about your diversity and inclusion efforts
Our DEI committee, internally called “Belonging Starts Here,” launched when The Org had just 30 employees. We now have 15+ members on the committee, including our COO and CTO. We come together at least once a month to brainstorm and prioritize initiatives that attract diverse candidates to The Org, educate allies, and create a nurturing environment for all. We operate with rotating co-chairs who champion the strategy and implementation of these objectives and take the lead on our meetings.
Do you have an active contract with ICE?
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.