Website The Sunrise Project
We take a ‘directed network’ approach to campaigning that build
About The Role
The role guides, educates and upskills Sunrise staff and supports their daily IT needs. This broad role requires high-level competence and experience in software as a service (SAAS) products, security, privacy, and support. The role offers opportunities for growth by working on bespoke projects and exploring innovative ideas and new tech solutions to ensure a smart and efficient working environment.
Our IT environment is designed to be readily available from any location using Apple hardware and SAAS tools to support our teams to work effectively and securely to achieve the Sunrise mission.
- Oversees the IT provisioning (end user accounts and hardware) and technical support needs in the US & European time zones
- Works with the IT team to provide input into the IT strategy and policies and supports assigned projects
- Supports initiatives across systems, solutions, security enhancements, automations, integrations, and streamlining
- Administers IT SAAS solutions, device management tools
- Supports the acquisition, delivery and implementation of SaaS platforms
- Designs & presents training materials, training sessions and guidelines for staff
- Acts as the contact point in the USUK timezone for IT needs and support
Required skills and experience
- Experience in a similar or related role including unpaid, grassroots or lived experience
- Demonstrated technical competence in device management (Apple hardware and operating system, Jamf Pro/Connect/Protect and Google mobile device management etc.)
- Demonstrated technical competence and system administration skills across a range of SaaS tools incl. Google Workspace, AirTable, Notion, Office 365, Asana, Slack, Box, Org platforms (ie. HRIS.), or similar tools.
- Well-developed communication, training and interpersonal skills, with a proactive approach to customer service.
- Be available to connect across Australian time zones and support European, United States time zone, so evening work will be required.
How Sunrise supports its staff:
The Sunrise Project U.S. is committed to creating a workplace that supports our staff to do their best work and develop professionally. We have the following in place to help us achieve that:
- Salary: $81,679–103,308 USD
- 401(k) & employer match
- 100% employer paid health, vision and dental coverage
- Five weeks of vacation leave
- Birthday leave (if it’s your birthday, you get a day off)
- Cultural & solidarity leave
- Gifted leave (over Christmas and New Year)
- Laptop (Mac) and accessories
- AND MORE!
Tell us about the interview process for this job
We recognise that racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, classism and other forms of discrimination creates structural barriers that impact opportunities to formal education and experience. When assessing candidates we look at more than the jobs you've been paid to do but the range of ways you've picked up skills and knowledge throughout your life. This is why we assess candidates on how well they respond to application questions and don’t require a cover letter. You’ll be taken to Be Applied to complete your application. We have a 4-part process: 1. Application Review (Blind process) 2. First Interview, 45 minutes with a 3 person panel 3. Hiring Task 4. Final interview, 60 mins with a 3 person panel. *We will conduct reference checks simultaneously with final interviews. **If you make it to the task stage, you are automatically invited to the final interview round! We value the time our candidates spend on the tasks and want to understand your methods + thought processes.
Tell us about your diversity and inclusion efforts
We're actively partnering with consultants, mentors, and activists to teach and train our entire Sunrise team on how to be equitable in the work we do and as humans. Each year, we focus on a topic such as Disability Justice, where we receive education and training all year. We implement the guidance of our consultants and ask for feedback often from our team, partners, and community. We 100% understand that we must keep going and keep tailoring our methods, systems, and output to be as equitable as possible.
Do you have an active contract with ICE?
Deadline to apply:
November 20, 2022
To apply for this job please visit app.beapplied.com.