The Analytics Platform for Organizations Seeking Impact.
Senior Backend Software Engineer
Location: Remote (U.S.-based)
Reports to: Director of Engineering
With a vision to build a data-driven ecosystem that drives resources to impact, UpMetrics empowers organizations with the knowledge and the tools to accelerate the impact of their mission. Through platform & team, the mission-driven company empowers organizations to collect, analyze, and learn from data to gain insights, drive impact, and inspire change. UpMetrics combines a cutting-edge impact analytics and reporting platform with top-tier professional services to help partners define their narrative and create positive change.
Looking for an opportunity to apply your technical skills to help unleash the power of data for the social sector? Join us!
You will be successful in the role if…
- You are eager to apply your experience to new challenges and continue to learn
- You are self-motivated, enjoy autonomy, and have an entrepreneurial mindset
- You are a team player and a good communicator
- You love building highly functional, scalable, data-driven enterprise applications
- You are excited to work in a high-velocity, agile startup environment
- You are able to deliver as a member of a distributed engineering team
- You are serious about testing and have experience with automated testing frameworks
- Solve complex problems around data handling and processing
- Help develop, maintain, and test code following TDD
- Implement and collaborate on new features
- Contribute to the maintenance and improvement of existing features
- Work closely with our product management team to identify product challenges and requirements for new functionality
- Provide thoughtful code reviews and technical insights to multiply team productivity
- You have 8+ years of experience as a backend software engineer with increasing responsibility
- You have strong programming skills in one or more server-side languages such as Python, Java, Ruby, Go.
- You have experience with web frameworks such as Django, Flask, Spring or Ruby on Rails.
- You are familiar with database technologies such as SQL, NoSQL, MySQL, and MongoDB.
- You have knowledge of API design and development, RESTful web services, GraphQL APIs and API documentation tools.
- You have proficiency in using version control systems like Git and experience with CI/CD tools and pipelines.
- You have an understanding of containerization technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes.
- You have knowledge of cloud platforms like AWS, Azure or GCP, and experience with deploying applications in the cloud.
- You are familiar with security best practices and experience in building secure systems.
- You can write efficient and scalable code, optimize database queries, and improve application performance.
Our company values influence everything we do, from our work inside the office to how we choose our partners:
- Team First — Collaboration is key. We support each other, respect each other’s strengths, varying backgrounds and views. We value everyone’s input.
- Client-Focused — Our work is personal. Many of us have direct experience working in the field and are deeply passionate about what we do. We take a partnership approach with all our clients.
- Show Integrity — We are open, honest, ethical, and fair. We expect integrity from the team internally and the people we choose to partner with.
- Reflect and Improve — We are a data company always looking to get better. We test often, iterate, and look closely at metrics to build capacity and inform decisions.
- Let’s Go! — To create positive change, we never settle. In uncharted territory, we embrace challenges as opportunities, take ownership, and strive for excellence.
Compensation & Benefits
- $120,000 – $160,000 annual salary based on experience
- Equity incentive plan
- 70% employer-paid health insurance for employees and family
- Dental and vision insurance
- Fully paid Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance
- Fully paid Short- and Long-term Disability insurance
- Unlimited time off policy, plus paid holidays and monthly Wellness Fridays
- Parental leave policy
- FSA plan, lifestyle spending account (LSA) for eligible professional development and wellness expenses, and Employee Assistance Program via The Hartford
- 401K plan
- Remote work equipment
- Annual company retreat and quarterly virtual company events
- Outstanding team and meaningful work
Interested in joining our team? Submit your application here.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and underrepresented individuals only apply when they meet 100% of them. We believe that people of color, people from working-class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQ+ people must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities, or who are members of other marginalized communities. If you think you have what it takes, possess transferable skills, and are quick to learn, but don’t necessarily satisfy every requirement or meet every qualification, we would still love to hear from you!
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. UpMetrics is unable to sponsor or take over the sponsorship of employment visas at this time.
Tell us about the interview process for this job
The interview process usually includes a screening interview, initial interview with Hiring Manager plus a live coding session, team interview then a final interview with the CEO.
Tell us about your diversity and inclusion efforts
Our DEI Committee, UpMetrics' employee resource group, is dedicated to pushing DEI initiatives at the companies by changing policies, implementing trainings, and ensuring we have an equitable and inclusive workplace. If you have any questions regarding our Action Plan, please contact email@example.com
Do you have an active contract with ICE?
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.