Techqueria's First Virtual Summit — A Brief Recap
#LHM Summit was Techqueria's first ever virtual summit that took place during Latinx Heritage Month (LHM).
🗓️Monday - October 26, 2020
🔖3 min read ∙ 499 words
#LHM Summit was Techqueria’s first ever virtual summit that took place during Latinx Heritage Month (LHM) earlier this month from Wednesday October 7th to Friday October 9th, 2020.
It was created to empower Latinx professionals in tech, connect them with companies who are committed to inclusion and to celebrate the thriving Latinx in tech community.
Final Stats 🔗︎
Our mission for #LHM was to increase the visibility and leadership of Latinx professionals in tech by bringing them all together in one place to engage with thought leaders, network and ultimately grow and learn from each other.
We feel the event met our mission goals and exceeded all our expectations!
- RSVPs: 1,836
- Hopin Registrations: 1,638
- Attendee Turnout: 1,480
- Session Visitors: 1,155
- Stage Visitors: 1,045
- Expo Visitors: 765
- Networking Visitors: 699
- Networking Connections Made: 636
- Total Messages in Chat: 954
- Average User Rating: 9.14/10
- Average Time Spent Per Attendee: 7.3 hours
- Raffle Prize Entries: 214
- Raffle Prizes Total Value: $6,110
- Speakers: 91
- Sessions: 33
- Volunteers: 12
- Sponsors: 9
- Performances: 6
- Hours of New Content on YouTube: 28
Audience Overview 🔗︎
as of 10/6
- 90% self-identify as Latinx
- 83% open to job ops, 36% actively applying
- 59% female, 39% male, 2% non-binary or other
- 25% in engineering
- 6.72 YOE on average
as of 10/26
all stats remained same, only two changed slighty:
- 24% in engineering
- 6.52 YOE on average
Call to Action 🔗︎
We would love to get your feedback on the summit so we can improve for next year and we welcome you to check out all the photos and videos!
- Share your feedback 📝 💡 💭
- View photos on Google Photos 📸 🖼️ 🤳🏽️
- Watch videos on YouTube 🎥 🍿🎞
- Listen to the Spotify playlist 🎧 🎶 🎤
Sponsors 🤝 🔗︎
A big thank you to our corporate sponsors, partners and the entire #LHM Summit Team for their support!
Team 🌿 🔗︎
We couldn’t have made this a reality without our core team:
- Frances Coronel, Executive Director, Techqueria
- Felipe Ventura, Executive Director, Techqueria
- Mary Ramirez, Partnerships Lead, Techqueria
- Francisco Cruz-Mendoza, Social Media Lead, Techqueria
- Cari Perez, Chapter Director for Miami, Techqueria
- Sal Ramirez, Volunteer - Speakers, Promos & Raffle, Sessions
- Michael Urbina, Volunteer - Influencers, Comms
- Cat Martinez, Volunteer - Sessions, Hopin.to
- Maria Jose Rios, Volunteer - Social Media
- Yazeli Cruz, Volunteer - Influencers, Promos
- Roberto Salcido, Volunteer - Comms
- Irene Rivera, Volunteer - Social Media
Donate 💛 🔗︎
- View Website
- View Raffle Prize Winners
- Read Hopin Attendee Guide
- View Social Media Kit
- View Calendar of All Sessions
- Add Yourself to the LinkedIn Connections Google Sheet
- Listen to Spotify Playlist
- View Recordings on Techqueria’s YouTube Channel
- View Day 1 Slides
- View Day 2 Slides
- View Day 3 Slides
Questions? 🤔 🔗︎
Written by Frances Coronel
🌐Share this page
Techqueria is a 501c3 nonprofit that empowers Latinx professionals with the resources and support that they need to thrive and become leaders in the tech industry.
Founded in 2015, we are the largest community of Latinx professionals in tech in the U.S. with over 11,000 members and 7 active chapters. Our online Slack community has 8,000+ members and 2,000+ weekly active users.
The majority of our members work in PDE (product, design and engineering), have 5 years of experience on average, identify as millennials and join Techqueria through word of mouth.
We work with both tech companies and employee resource groups (ERGs) to build Latinx-centered spaces that revolve around career advice, recruiting, mentorship and networking in order to comprehensively affect change in the tech industry.
📨Subscribe to our newsletter
Get the latest updates from Techqueria in your inbox every month.