Tech reporter Jose Fermoso brings one of the most popular Slack communities to audio life through in-depth stories and interviews featuring topics affecting Latinx people including immigration policies, the coronavirus pandemic, and the latest in business challenges.
Techqueria and Points of Presence Media, a new nonprofit news organization based in CA, have come together to create a podcast featuring in-depth narrative stories, interviews and business advice about and from the perspective of the Latinx in tech community.
Upcoming Episodes 🔗︎
- Episode 1 — Coronavirus and the Latinx Community: A Young Doctor, a Green Power CEO, and a Cumbia Star Find Their Way
- Episode 2 — Black Lives Matter and Latinx: An Afro-Latino New Yorker Reckons with his Anti-Black Family
- Episode 3 — Coronavirus and the Latinx Community: Family and Friends Remember the Passion and Life’s Work of the Dead
- Episode 4 — Young Software Engineers In Los Angeles and Chicago Look Back on Their Long Journeys to the Starting Line
- Episode 5 — Coronavirus and the Latinx Community: The Techqueria Community’s $50K Grant and Our Lives on the “Essential Services” Line
Apple Podcasts 🔗︎
Radio Public 🔗︎
- The unique opportunity to be part of the first ever podcast focused on Latinx in tech that comes with its own vibrant community. A uniquely untapped source of stories and innovation.
- The Latinx listening audience is the fastest growing sector in podcasts. According to Edison analysts, 25% of Latinx in the U.S. are monthly listeners.
- Latinx people are the most loyal brand connectors in the U.S., according to CCG’s 2019 Retail Customer Loyalty Study.
- With a huge need to tell our stories properly and with necessary reporting context, the show aims to make a difference in our community.
- Hosted by Jose Fermoso, a tech journalist formerly of The Guardian and Wired, the show will have top media bonafides from the start.
- We will intentionally seek stories that feature Afro Latinx, Asian Latinx and Indigenous Latinx. It’s long past time a Latino-led media company truly reflects the community’s diversity.
Sponsorship Packages 🔗︎
Reach out to us at
email@example.com if you’re interested in partnering.
1 Episode - $4,000 🔗︎
- Mention at beginning and end of episode
- Messaging to be finalized by partner
- Social media posts
- Facebook Page
- Facebook Group
- Slack message in #announcements
- Logo on website
10 Episodes - $35,000 ($10,000 discount) 🔗︎
- Same as above for each episode
- $5,000 off
🌐Share this page
Techqueria is a 501c3 nonprofit that empowers Latinx professionals with the resources and support that they need to thrive and become leaders in the tech industry.
Founded in 2015, we are the largest community of Latinx professionals in tech in the U.S. with over 11,000 members and 7 chapters. Our online Slack community has 8,000+ members and 2,000+ weekly active users.
The majority of our members work in PDE (product, design and engineering), have 3 to 5 years of experience, identify as millennials and joined Techqueria through word of mouth.
We work with both tech companies and employee resource groups (ERGs) to build Latinx-centered spaces that revolve around career advice, recruiting, mentorship and networking in order to comprehensively affect change in the tech industry.
📨Subscribe to our newsletter
Get the latest updates from Techqueria in your inbox every month.