If you are interested in supporting Techqueria as an individual, one great way to help out is by becoming a speaker for our events.
As a speaker, you receive the opportunity to… 🔗︎
- improve your brand as we will be marketing your profile on our different social media platforms
- improve your public speaking skills with practice in front of large audiences (we typically get around ~250 people at our larger events)
- make new connections by letting the audience ask you questions after the talk
- expand the reach of your content by sharing your knowledge with the largest community of Latinx professionals in tech
We can also provide our speakers an honararium or swag for certain events. Please ask the event lead for confirmation.
As a speaker you commit to… 🔗︎
- joining the appropriate event channel on Techqueria’s Slack and responding when needed
- preparing in advance
- syncing with the event coordinators before your talk
- arriving to the event on time
Interested in being a speaker? 🔗︎
If we have a need for speakers and you seem like a good fit for the event discussion, we’ll reach out and send you more details!
Techqueria is a 501c3 nonprofit that empowers Latinx professionals with the resources and support that they need to thrive and become leaders in the tech industry.
To that end, we work with both tech companies and employee resource groups (ERGs) to build Latinx-centered spaces that revolve around career advice, technical talks, mentorship, open jobs, networking events, speaking opportunities, and open-source in order to comprehensively affect change in the tech industry.
Coming from all walks of life, we believe that the diversity of our community is the most reliable asset we have. Our space aims to be inclusive so we invite Latinx from the regions of the Caribbean, Haiti, and Brazil as well as those who identify as Afro-Latinx, Asian-Latinx or LGBTQIA. The term Latinx is used instead of Latino or Latina because it is a gender-neutral and inclusive term.
📨Subscribe to our newsletter
Get the latest updates from Techqueria in your inbox every month.
💛Donate to Techqueria
Support Techqueria's efforts by becoming an on-going patron or making a one-time donation.
💻Contribute to this page
If you'd like to make this page better or notice something off, feel free to open an issue on GitHub.