If you are interested in supporting Techqueria as an individual, one great way to help out is by becoming a speaker for our events.
As a speaker, you receive the opportunity to… 🔗︎
- improve your brand as we will be marketing your profile on our different social media platforms
- improve your public speaking skills with practice in front of large audiences (we typically get around ~250 people at our larger events)
- make new connections by letting the audience ask you questions after the talk
- expand the reach of your content by sharing your knowledge with the largest community of Latinx professionals in tech
We can also provide our speakers an honararium or swag for certain events. Please ask the event lead for confirmation.
As a speaker you commit to… 🔗︎
- joining the appropriate event channel on Techqueria’s Slack and responding when needed
- preparing in advance
- syncing with the event coordinators before your talk
- arriving to the event on time
Interested in being a speaker? 🔗︎
If we have a need for speakers and you seem like a good fit for the event discussion, we’ll reach out and send you more details!
Techqueria is a 501c3 nonprofit that empowers Latinx professionals with the resources and support that they need to thrive and become leaders in the tech industry.
Founded in 2015, we are the largest community of Latinx professionals in tech in the U.S. with over 11,000 members and 7 chapters. Our online Slack community has 8,000+ members and 2,000+ weekly active users.
The majority of our members work in PDE (product, design and engineering), have 3 to 5 years of experience, identify as millennials and joined Techqueria through word of mouth.
We work with both tech companies and employee resource groups (ERGs) to build Latinx-centered spaces that revolve around career advice, recruiting, mentorship and networking in order to comprehensively affect change in the tech industry.
📨Subscribe to our newsletter
Get the latest updates from Techqueria in your inbox every month.
💛Donate to Techqueria
Support Techqueria's efforts by becoming an on-going patron or making a one-time donation.
💻Sign up for Triplebyte
We've partnered with Triplebyte to make the job search easier for our engineer members.