Mission Statement 🔗︎
To provide the Latinx professionals in the tech industry with the resources and support that they need to attain, thrive, and remain in a career within the technology industry.
Vision Statement 🔗︎
To become the most powerful and robust professional network of Latinx professionals in the tech industry across the world.
Techqueria is a nonprofit that serves the largest community of Latinx in Tech.
Techqueria is a 501c3 nonprofit that empowers Latinx professionals in the tech industry by building networking and career advancement opportunities.
Our mission is to provide the Latinx professionals in the tech industry with the resources and support that they need to attain, thrive, and remain in a career within the technology industry.
We build Latinx-centered spaces that revolve around career advice, technical talks, mentorship, open jobs, networking events, speaking opportunities, and open-source and we work with both employee resource groups (ERGs) and tech companies to comprehensively affect change in the tech industry.
Coming from all walks of life, we believe that the diversity of our community is the most reliable asset we have.
Our space aims to be inclusive so we invite Latinx from the regions of the Caribbean, Haiti, and Brazil as well as those who identify as Afro-Latinx, Asian-Latinx or LGBTQIA.
The term Latinx is used instead of Latino or Latina because it is a gender-neutral and inclusive term.
Ultimately, Techqueria's goal is to become the most powerful and robust professional network of Latinx professionals in the tech industry across the world.
August 2019 🔗︎
We have organized events for 3,500+ participants so far as of June 2019.
March 2019 🔗︎
We incorporated as a 501c3 nonprofit on March 1st, 2019.
November 2015 🔗︎
We had our first Meetup on November 15, 2015.
As of August 2019, we have 5 official chapters across the USA.
- San Francisco, CA which also encompasses the Bay Area/Silicon Valley
- Los Angeles, CA
- New York, NY
- Austin, TX
- Chicago, IL
If you are interested in starting up a new chapter, reach out to us in the #meta channel via Slack.
These stats are as of August 19, 2019.
We have ~15,000+ member reach.
- 5,000+ subscribers — MailChimp
- 4,000+ members — Slack
- 2,500+ members — Meetup
- 2,200+ followers — Twitter
- 2,000+ members — Facebook Group
- 900+ members — LinkedIn Group
- 700+ followers — LinkedIn Page
- 400+ likes — Facebook Page
- 200+ followers — Instagram
- 160+ stars — GitHub's Website Repo
- 60+ subscribers — YouTube Channel
- 50+ members — GitHub Organization
Members by Profession 🔗︎
Data is from a sample of 2,250 responses from Linkedin and intake surveys (2018).
The average amount of experience for our members based on that survey is 5 years.
Ergo, the majority of our member base identify as mid-level engineers.
Sponsorship Packages 🔗︎
Last updated August 2019
|Diamond (50K)||Platinum (30K)||Gold (20K)||Silver (10K)||Bronze (5K)||Iron (1K)|
|Events hosted per year||4||3||2||1||1 Webinar||1 Comida|
|Sponsor talk||10 min||10 min||5 min||5 min||5 min||5 min|
|Social media posts per year||48||36||24||12|
|Job postings per year||48||36||24||12|
|Logo in slides||✅|
|Logo in emails||✅||✅|
|Logo on Meetup page||✅||✅||✅|
|Blog post per event||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|Photographer per event||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|Video recording per event||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|Logo on website||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|Private Slack channel||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅|
Book a Partnership Call 🔗︎
If you’re interested in becoming an official sponsor, you can set up a partnership call with us using calendly.com/techqueria where you can select the time most convenient for you — no back and forth emails!
Event Commitments 🔗︎
For each event, Techqueria commits to providing 🔗︎
- a slot for up to one speaker picked by or associated with sponsor
- an event page (hosted through Splashthat, Eventbrite, Meetup or our website)
- attendee list with job function, LinkedIn and resume
- enforcement of our Code of Conduct
- marketing for the event
- slides showcasing speakers and sponsor
- speakers from the Techqueria community
- volunteers to help with registration (if applicable)
For each event, the sponsor commits to providing 🔗︎
- A/V for slides/speakers
- catering (food and drinks)
- event space
- name tags
Nice to haves 🔗︎
- at least one activity for attendees to engage in before or after the event (photo booth, crafting activity, etc)
- dedicated bar
To note 🔗︎
- for the Diamond Tier, sponsor logo is showcased on slides in the beginning of all Techqueria events for one year
- sponsorship packages last one year and sponsors must sign a contract and provide payment before commitments start
- the monthly job postings are shared through the monthly email newsletter
- the monthly social media posts are shared on Techqueria’s Twitter, Facebook Page, LinkedIn Page and Instagram
- we are also open to custom sponsorship packages
Event Types 🔗︎
Our workshops and meetups allow participants to discuss their work, prepare for critical milestones in their career, establish goals and accountability through peer mentorship, and explore how to navigate our workplaces as underrepresented members of the tech industry.
Outside our regular workshops and meetups, we often meet up and network at food gathering events that we call comidas. This is an opportunity to share our rich, diverse cultures through food and fun! Anyone in our community can organize a comida and a company can also sponsor one for up to 25 people.
Gain exposure to a wider audience beyond one night and be inclusive of remote employees or attendees outside our chapter locations. Through a webinar, we will stream your event through YouTube and extend your reach.
Host a private workshop or community event at your company where we discuss a specific topic. Previous topics have included coaching on executive presence and public speaking, building effective employee resource groups, and navigating the workplace as an individual contributor.
Other Types of Events 🔗︎
- 5 minute rapid style with 10+ people speaking
- 1 hour with 1 person where they are teaching something
- 1 hour panels/fireside chat
- 3 to 6 people
- 1 moderator
- comida meetup
- ERG leads
- plain old networking/happy hour
Event Topics 🔗︎
These are topics that have been covered or discussed at Techqueria events so far.
- being a senior engineer
- cloud tech
- cyber security
- data science
- diversity in a meritocracy
- health tech
- Latinx in analytics
- Latinx in e-commerce
- Latinx in fin-tech
- tech & immigration
- tech for good
- unconventional paths into tech