Techqueria is a professional space for all members of our growing community. We believe in respect, compassion, understanding, and inclusion and expect all community members to act on these values.
We have no tolerance for any form of harassment; we expect everyone to act professionally. A staff member will approach anyone identified as participating in harassing behavior and asked to cease any inappropriate activity or to disengage from our community immediately. Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Offensive comments related to a person’s identity
- Unwelcome remarks regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices
- Unwelcome physical contact
- Threats of violence
- Incitement of violence towards any individual, including encouraging a person to commit suicide or to engage in self-harm
- Deliberate intimidation
- Exclusionary jokes or comments
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease
- Deliberate “outing” of any aspect of a person’s identity
- Sustained disruption of event programming
Respect is essential for everybody so if you feel uncomfortable, or suspect of someone’s behavior, approach one of the organizers and staff members, we will handle it with confidentiality and care, witch-hunting and shaming other’s actions is equally reprimandable.
For more information on getting the most out of our Slack workspace, see our Slack welcome page.
In the unfortunate case that you see someone violating the code of conduct, here are some ways that you can report it to us.
- DM @techqueriaSF on Twitter
- Email us at email@example.com
- Within the Slack group, you can use the
/admincommand to reach out to an admin
Our Code of Conduct was inspired by Women Who Code and LGBTQ in Technology.