At MissionWired, we help clients create revolutionary digital strategies that advance their mission, change our country, and have a positive impact on the world.
We’re digital-obsessed, tech-savvy do-gooders who care deeply about social change. We’ve brought digital strategies to life for nonprofit organizations working around the world, including Save the Children, Sandy Hook Promise, and Friends of the Earth, as well as progressive political organizations, campaigns and candidates. Each cycle is an opportunity for us to support organizations across the country while expanding the Democratic majority in the Senate.
We’re an equal-opportunity employer and take seriously our commitment to equality and equity. Our efforts to be inclusive and create opportunity don’t end when someone joins us – they begin.
We’ve set our sights on changing the world through our work and with our clients, and representation is at the foundation of what we do. We know that diversity of thought and background makes us stronger. That’s why we’re committed to building and maintaining a diverse community.
Every new team member broadens our perspective and allows us to think bigger. We’ll be at our best when people from underrepresented communities and people with a range of perspectives and lived experiences want to come, stay, and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Overview: We are looking for an Associate Data Engineer to transform millions of data points into unparalleled opportunities – supporting everything from electing Democrats to combating climate change throughout the world. With us, you’ll put your skills to use for disruptive innovation that powers social good.
You’ll join a product team that is deeply devoted to inclusion, particularly in the following three areas:
Process: We create a context in which everyone is empowered to contribute.
Machine Learning: We are committed to using the power of data to support important causes.
Philanthropy: We empower diverse groups of individuals to participate in giving.
With us, you’ll put your skills to use for innovation that powers social good. We want your ideas and your leadership. Join us. Let’s go!
You will be responsible for:
- Joining each and every one of your colleagues in creating an inclusive workspace;
- Building data-intensive applications to extract, transform, and load massive data sets from a variety of internal, external, and public data sources;
- Assembling large and complex data sets that meet project needs;
- Developing processes for data mining, data modeling, and data production;
- Preparing data for prescriptive and predictive modeling;
- Compiling and delivering aggregated data for analysis to improve business operations;
- Using an array of technological languages and tools to connect systems;
- Working toward constantly improving data reliability and quality;
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to support their data infrastructure needs.
- Experience with Python and one or more key data analytics tools such as Pandas, or ideally PySpark;
- Experience extracting data from public APIs;
- Ability to learn how to build and optimize data pipelines, architectures, and data sets;
- Experience with SQL;
- Attention to detail;
- Intellectual curiosity to innovate on ways to solve data management issues;
- Passion, energy, and excitement for progressive and philanthropic causes and all things digital.
- 1-3 years of professional experience;
- Experience building data-intensive applications that collect data from diverse sources in the service of creating high-performance algorithms and predictive models;
- Experience with deep-learning models;
- Experience managing data warehouses and/or data lakes;
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
Salary range for this role is $55,000 to $75,000 per year, depending on experience.
If you feel you can do the job and are excited about this opportunity but are not sure if you meet all the qualifications, consider applying anyway. We’d love to hear from you!
Tell us about the interview process for this job
Once we review your application and resume, we like to have a short introductory call where we can get to know you better and tell you about our work. After that we will send you a few skills exercises to better understand how you think. Once these have been completed, you meet with a few members from your potential future team.
Tell us about your diversity and inclusion efforts
Our company culture is committed to challenging, learning, growing, speaking out, and building better – because it’s incumbent on each of us to play an active role in dismantling systems of oppression wherever they exist. Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion centers around a collective mandate: to dismantle, reimagine and rebuild the processes, language, and company culture that impact the everyday experience of employees.
Do you have an active contract with ICE?
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.