We are a close knit community of Latinx in Tech, elevating each other as we grow into leaders within the tech industry.
Whether you’re already a Latinx professional in tech or are interested in becoming one, you’ll be joining a fast-growing community. We help each other out with problems/questions, share positive, support one another’s concerns over compensation and workplace challenges and network through both offline and online initiatives.
Within our Slack, you will find:
- career advice (anonymous option provided)
- community moderators who make sure the Code of Conduct is being enforced
- compensation advice (anonymous option provided)
- free conference tickets or discounts
- job opportunities
- local events
- member highlights
- mentors and mentees
- org wide updates from Techqueria
- platform discounts
- scholarship opportunities
- specific channels that cater to you – affinities, cities, passions, hobbies, etc
- and so much more
Techqueria is committed to bringing together and elevating Latinx professionals in the tech industry through a vibrant and supportive community. 🌮
However, it is not a requirement to identify as Latinx to be in this community which is why allies get access to 4 channels
#announcementsto stay updated on latest updates from Techqueria leads
#alliesto share resources and have discussions around allyship
#eventsto share events with the community
#jobsto share job opportunities with the community
The purpose of the
#allies channel is for allies to share resources, events, etc with our community and to ask us any questions on how to partner up together or become a better ally. 🧠
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, let us know in
#allies and a lead will get back to you.
With your support, Techqueria can become a stronger & more valuable community for Latinx in Tech. 💛
We value you being a part of the community and your interest in being an ally!
To facilitate allyship, we are implementing best practices from other orgs that have been doing this type of work for a long time and adapting them to our organizational structure.
This organization exists as a space for Latinx folks to feel included in the Tech industry.
Generally allyship in underrepresented communities is there to support the community, not the other way around.
And so, while this structure is new for us as the community matures, we are firm in this policy.
We understand allyship is difficult (for everyone!), and we appreciate all the work you are putting in.
Best Practices 🧠
We recommend first using Polly or Doodle to decide on a time that will work for most people.
Then use Eventbot to create an event so that folks can RSVP and can also get reminded when the event starts through Slack.
This convo in the
#random channel could have been a bunch of separate messages! 🤯
Instead, with threads – it turned into a more rich and focused discussion. 😀
Please do not use the feature “Also send to channel” as this causes the channel to become more noisy.
A lot of useful info is pinned to channels.
Make sure to check those out when joining a new channel. 📌
If you use any of the trigger phrases, Slackbot will respond with a helpful message.
please use threads
Threads let you respond directly to a message in a channel, keeping the replies, images, and other files neatly organized in a single conversation. Threaded replies stay connected to the original message, and only those who have contributed to or are following the thread will be notified of new messages. :please-use-threads-next-time:
techqueria code of conduct
All participants in the Techqueria Slack Workspace are required to comply with the following code of conduct – make sure to read through it! If you have questions, comments or concerns – reach out to us via #meta or contact us through our website. 🌮
fill out your profile,
Your profile photo helps us know who you are in Slack. And if your photo is clear, it’ll be easier for someone to pick you out in a crowd or at a Techqueria event. :blob-says-hi:
Please see our brand guidelines for Techqueria on our website. 🌮 https://techqueria.org/about/brand/
want to contribute to open source,
get involved in open source
Check out Techqueria’s website on GitHub! :github: https://github.com/techqueria/website
Notice someone posting the same message to 3+ different channels?
:chill-out-with-the-posts: emoji will be used to indicate that whoever is posting the message needs to slow down with posting the same message to different channels and chill out with the posts.
We decided to create this emoji because sometimes we see the same person posting the same message to 3 (or 10) different channels in Slack.
This obviously comes across as a bit spammy and overly promotional so to encourage best behavior, all messages with
:chill-out-with-the-posts: will go into the
That way, if we see that the same person is continuously doing this, we can reach out to them directly.
:switch-to-a-different-channel: will be used to indicate that someone is posting to the wrong channel and should probably switch to a different channel.
We will not be having a channel set up for this but it’s just another we are letting folks in a friendly way that they should post their message somewhere else.
:please-use-threads: to encourage people to use threads instead of posting in channel with a bunch of related messages
:please-upload-a-profile-picture: to encourage people to fill out their profile and upload a profile picture
The HeyTaco! bot sparks conversations and builds stronger relationships with its fun and unique kindness currency… tacos! 🌮
You can use
@heytaco to give someone a 🌮 when you’d like to show praise, appreciation, or to add a little happiness to their day.
- Every person in our Slack Workspace has 5 tacos to give out per day 5️⃣ 🌮
- To give someone a taco, add a taco emoji after their username Like this:
@username your positive attitude was a real help today!
- You can give tacos to anyone on your team as long as the bot has been invited to the channel You can invite the bot to channels using
- There is a leaderboard to see who is getting the most tacos Anyone in our Slack Workspace can sign in and see the leaderboard using https://www.heytaco.chat/leaderboard
- Need help? If you need help, you can just DM
helpand it will assist you
All these customization suggestions are completely optional and solely meant to improve your experience using Techqueria’s Slack.
Copy and paste these values to your settings Sidebar Theme section to get Techqueria theming.
Something fun we do in Techqueria’s Slack is setting a custom status with a flag representing our Latinx heritage/background.
If you want to put multiple flags, you can do that too!
When you click on the emoji icon in the conversation or to add a reaction, you can see a ton of custom ones we’ve added. 🎉
You can find images for things like arepa, empanada, baseball teams, avocado, etc.
Take a look at them and feel free to add more custom emoji yourself.
- Internal Leads
These are the default channels everyone automatically gets added to upon joining.
- only admins can post
- this is where admins/organizers will post news and information about the community at large
- new members introducing themselves
- facilitates 1:1 meetings for members to get to know each other
- ask an admin an question
- provide feedback to Techqueria
- provide ideas to Techqueria
- request a new channel
- Give someone kudos using 🌮 or just share what you accomplished this week ✨
- conversations that don’t fit in any topic channel but could be relevant for everyone
- not location specific
- to share or ask for career advice
- ask questions about compensation anonymously
- if you are looking for a job
- sharing job opportunities
- sharing helpful resources
- getting advice on common workplace challenges
- “Trataron de enterrarnos. No sabían que éramos semillas.”
- for allies to share resources
We have created different channels to keep conversations relevant, for example:
By default, you do not join those channels but you can click on CHANNELS to see a list of all the channels and join the ones that seem the most interesting.
We monitor most activity in those channels to make sure content is relevant so if something off-topic is posted there, we might move it to a more appropriate channel.
We have a few location channels that are prefixed with
#locals-, for example:
You can use these channels to communicate with folks in those locations, whether you live there or visiting it can be a great resource.
You can contact the admins to get new location channels created.
We have a few private channels for conversations that you don’t want everyone to see, and we’re using a system created by WeAllJs to manage the participation of those.
To see a list of available channels, run the command
/list-private, and click on the join button to request an invitation.
Pairs up people in cafecito channels every 2 weeks through a Slack app called Donut so they can get to know others in the Techqueria community.
- El Salvador
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- Puerto Rico
Not finding a channel you want? No worries, head on over to
#meta-request-channel to request the creation, archival or deletion of a channel.
Let us know in
#meta-request-event and we can showcase it on our event platform.
Code of Conduct 🌻
You can find our code of conduct at https://techqueria.org/code-of-conduct.
In short, this is a professional community so be respectful of everyone and their identity.
Unprofessional behavior is not acceptable so if you feel that someone is breaking the code of conduct, make sure to contact an admin and we will sort it out.
Your Slack account may have been deactivated because of one of the following reasons:
- you violated our Code of Conduct
- if someone reported you or we have noticed a violation, we will first deactivate your account and then contact you via email
- if it is an extreme violation (like hate speech), we may deactivate your account and not provide the courtesy of following up
- if there was a misunderstanding, we can reactivate your account but we’re usually pretty strict on violations
- you requested it yourself
- anyone can deactivate their account if they’d like but you will have to contact us after if you want reactivated
If you DM a lead, we may not be able to get to you in a very timely manner due to our limited bandwidth.
We love getting DMs from our members but we feel we’re doing a disservice if it takes us more than a week to get back to you with your questions, feedback, concerns, etc.
Ergo, for any questions related to Slack, the website, volunteering, partnerships or really anything related to Techqueria — we ask that you please post in
#meta to get a faster response.
You can contact an admin via the
Questions, comments, or concerns? ℹ️
If you’d like to participate in the conversation about the future of the community, event planning, suggest speakers and be more involved, please join our
Other related meta channels include:
- Give feedback, ask questions, bring up concerns, etc
- Discussion around code of conduct
- Discussion around committees
- Discussion around Slack community
- Where new members didn’t upload a profile picture
- Add a community event to our events platform
- Request a new channel
- Discussing & contributing to Techqueria website
- Automated activity feed from all our website integrations
- Automated feed of Twitter account activity
- Automated feed of Instagram account activity
- Automated feed of Facebook page account activity